Add Deployment Description

We have some deployments that get duplicated and used for different tasks - sometimes there will be two or three “deploy file bundle” scripts for shortcuts or different local things we are dropping. Can each deployment instance also have a short description field that we can search on etc and see in the listing?

This would be really nice to have in the case of multiple overrides.
We have a couple instances where one globally deployed software is overridden in 3 different ways for one client. Having some notes/details on each of the deployments for what each should do in respect to the others would be huge for letting my L1s learn on their own.

1 Like

Agreed - very frequently I find it difficult to “communicate” to our Deployment team what a set of overlapping deployments are supposed to do.

This would save a lot of time.

1 Like

Agree completely, was just about to ask for the same thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone on the ImmyTeam who knows if this feature is in the pipeline? It seems like a very natural way of scaling deployments.

1 Like

This would be great and reduce the amount of error I think.

2 Likes

+1 here too
I would use this as a description, a note, and also a ticket# for reference

2 Likes

Description field needed.

1 Like

Voting for this, I have a simple Chrome deployment in cross set one way and then a client said well I want it to be default for my whole business, I would love to add a Description that a tech can write Owner approved on x date to set Chrome as default browser. It covers our butts and we can screenshot it back to the client if they have an issue.

The upcoming 0.61 release will add a new feature for Notes/description for a deployment.

1 Like

Deployment Notes has been added in the 0.61 release
Deployment Notes | immy.bot