Automation to upgrade Umbrella Roaming Client to Cisco Secure Client

Cisco is retiring the Umbrella Roaming Client. Instead the Cisco Secure Client should be used. CSC is used for VPN and other items also so it needs to be done without causing issues for VPN users.

I think the CSC deployment in IB should be updated so we can set Umbrella settings in it.

Hello! We use Cisco Umbrella and have a few clients that also Utilize Cisco VPN. I am 100% sure there is a better solution that what we use… for those who use Cisco VPN & those who do not – such as a flag stating that they use both which will tell the script to whether to run the VPN Config portion of the script for the CORE/VPN module or not, but I have not had the chance to focus on bettering that script – it is planned so that there is only one spot to update the software, but it is on backlog for us at the moment.

Here is how we have this deploying:
-Cisco DART is a separate software (we do this because we also have clients that do not Utilize Cisco VPN so I have the Umbrella software installing DART as a prereq as hinted above and have it applying to the Umbrella only & Umbrella w/VPN softwares, this will go away once the scripts are combined.)
-Cisco Umbrella/CORE(VPN) MSI installer files are packaged in a zip file & installed via script to show only the Cisco VPN & Umbrella modules. NOTE: This has to be updated manually as there is no where to pull the installers from as a dynamic version, but it’s easy to update.
-The install script installs the CORE & Umbrella modules so that both show
-The uninstall script uninstalls CORE/Umbrella/DART.
-There is a software config that requests the info to set the VPN Config file & the Umbrella info for install.

Let me know if you would like me to share the install/uninstall/config info, I can also provide some screenshots to show how I have it set up! :smiley: