Child Tenants or Locations

We have many organisations that have multiple locations and each location requires different deployments.

Per example, each location will have a different hostname on the machines. Or site A needs a specific software.

As an example, we could use CW Control secondary site but this method is not reliable because engineers could install the agent without the correct fields.

What are you using for an RMM? I’m guessing you’re not using Automate but in case you are:

We use Automate. In IB I can set the different Automate locations as a Target Type for a Deployment or Schedule.

Hi David, do you mind elaborating on this?

In IB I can set the different Automate locations as a Target Type for a Deployment or Schedule.

Ideally if there was a solution similar to a drop down menu to simply have our technicians select the location linked to a tenant during Onboarding. Though I’m thinking that is more suited to a feature request.

On a Deployment I choose Target Scope of a specific customer/client in Automate. Then under Target Type I choose CW Automate Location (CW Automate) and then choose a location for that customer/client. Does that help?

2023-07-10 13_18_19-Edit Schedule — Mozilla Firefox

Thanks! In our case we are looking to have the new Onboarding computers moved to the specific location under a Tenant in Automate rather than just filter software deployments at this time.

Would also be nice for a location identifier number to be used in the computer/device name.

One of our clients is an Optometrist organisation with multiple stores and each store is identified by a number we assign them. (ie: 801, 811, etc ) so it would be nice for that to be updated to include this.

Having a Locaid ID and name would be great. We have many clients that have Child locations, since it’s easier to manage.

Child tenants has been added in the 0.64 release Releases | immy.bot