Setting tags via powershell?

I know you can view device details including tags using Get-ImmyComputer. Is there a way to add tags to devices via powershell?

I don’t believe so, primarily because if you can programmatically add tags, you can, by the same method, create a filter script for a deployment as well, rendering the need to add tags programmatically, moot.

This would still be useful because tags have more than the singular purpose. If we are able to add tags via script (ingesting a csv or like) then we can call on those tags for multiple purposes.

1 Like

Not sure how that differs from using filter scripts. Plus, adding a tag during a session creates a catch-22 situation because deployment evaluations happen before the session begins execution.

Maybe I’m confused here, I’ve been talking about adding tags to use as targets for deployments, not during a sessions/deployment. I have a post of my own on here somewhere asking for bulk tag capabilities and have upvoted every bulk tag related thing i could find.

For example:
we use datto rmm with screenconnect and connectwise > datto rmm does not allow sub or child sites > because of this we have to make a top-level site for every sub-site a client might have > Because we have a top-level site for every sub-site of a company, we are unable to target a single object for any client with more than one site/dept/etc > and due to the organization of our PSA, every client has more than one site as a baseline.

Now, because of those reasons, when I make deployments in immybot I end up using tags to demarcate each client’s sub-site so that I can get the machine in the correct top-level site in datto while keeping the primary/overall client association in immybot/ AZAD.

In our most extreme example that means making 36 tags for one client to cover each department and then using those tags as targets for the deployments and to specify during onboarding.

This is why I would like to be able to bulk create tags.